West Side Elementary
Traffic problems on 11th Avenue in the mornings!
We would like to treat 11th Avenue as a one way street headed south in the morning with the exits being 6th Street and 7th Street one ways to the East. The more consistent we can be following these simple traffic flow considerations, then safer drop off will be for our students.
Students being dropped off on this side of the school will enter the gates on the east side of the playground. There are maps in the parent handbook, check it out and call if you have questions!
End of Day Procedures on page 6 of the Parent Handbook:
It is extremely important to keep end of school procedures consistent. Doing this will limit the confusion of the student and help ensure their safety and get them to the correct after school location. Please be diligent and communicate any changes with your child the morning prior to the change and send a written note or email to his/her teacher stating the change. In extreme circumstances change to after school procedure can be handled over the phone by calling the office. If this is the case, the office must be contacted no later than 1 PM. Doing this will allow the office to communicate the information to the teacher without disruption of class. Calls made to the office after the last recess may not be communicated to the teachers.
School voicemail system is currently not working. Hopefully can get fixed soon, but for now not available to leave messages.
West Side School Annual Food Drive
Pizza Party sponsored by The Depot
for the class in each grade that brings in the most non-perishable items.
~ REMINDER~ Attention Parents:
Please do not drop your student off before 7:45 AM. The playground gates will not open before then. The safety of your student is important to us. Thank you.
Elementary 2019-20 Yearbooks are on sale now featuring Preschool through grade 5. They are $13 each.
Welcome to today is Tuesday, April 13, 2021. We hope you have a great day!Grades K - 2 and Preschool1100 5th St SW (mailing address is 101 S. Central Ave.)Sidney, MT 59270Phone: (406)433-2530 Fax: (406)433-9186 .Office Hours are 7AM -4PM .
Transportation rules Effective Immediately: Safety and liability concerns require enforcement of this rule already agreed to on your "Transportation Application" signed earlier in the year. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Rule 1. 1:00 PM is the deadline for notice to schools to change buses.
Rule 2. Bus drivers will not allow new, unscheduled riders to board their bus without a note from the school office.
Check out KiwiCo Community resources with an explanation of the Science of handwashing to help kids understand why it's so important. Science of Handwashing
Infinite Campus has released a new Mobile App. Check it out here!
Attendance Works! Help Your Child Succeed in School!
DID YOU KNOW?
• Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
• Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
• Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
• Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
• Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
• Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
• Find out what day school starts and make sure your child has the required shots.
• Introduce your child to her teachers and classmates before school starts to help her transition.
• Don’t let your child stay home unless she is truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
• If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to make her feel comfortable and excited about learning.
• Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
• Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
West Side School is participating in the Friends of Reynolds fundraising program. When you purchase groceries tell the clerk before they start to scan your purchases that you are supporting West Side School (account 1080) and a % of the sale will come back to our school. If you would like a card, stop by West Side Office to get one!
Expectations: Be Safe; Be Responsible, Be Respectful; Be a Learner
New students to the district are asked to bring their
Birth Certificate, Shot Record, and phone number of the school previously attended.