*Little known fact: I was born on the island of Guam. My parents were teachers there, yet within no more than 9 months, Montana became my home.
* Grew up in Cut Bank, Montana, graduated in 1991, and participated in many extra-curricular and community activities.
* Went to college at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota where I studied (vocal) Music and was a member of the various choirs there (more notably I was privileged to be a member of the '93-'94 Concert Choir under the direction of Rene Clausen)
* Spent several years working as a Youth Ministry Director, Camp Counselor, and Adult Mentor/Supervisor here in Montana and in Washington
* Began my teaching career in Montana in 2007, having graduated from the University of Montana - Western in Dillon, Montana
* Completed a Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction in 2013 (from the University of Montana - Missoula, Go Griz!)
* Began as Title I Coordinator here in Sidney in the 2015-16 school year
* Have moved to the position of Alternative Education Teacher and Coordinator under the supervision of the High School Admin and RtI Team
* Have also been learning the Norwegian language and taking a lot of time researching my family's ancestry back into Norway and Denmark
* In the past few months, I have become the "go to" on our new online platform, Acellus Learning System, which was brought to the district to primarily offer opportunity and access to students in the high school for credit recovery and HS graduation
* I have also been working diligently, when possible, to gain the adequate knowledge to one day try to earn a Microsoft Certificate as a Specialist or even as an Expert in the use of Microsoft Excel
*** it's the little things, right... as well, it never hurts to have a desire to learn something new.
* Married to my wife, Marla, since 2009 - she is also a teacher, lived in Italy as a little girl, then Michigan, southeastern Wisconsin, going to college in Indiana (Grace College) before moving to Montana.
* My mother lives in Missoula, Montana (in Hellgate Canyon). My father has retired and chosen to be a "snowbird", living in the far southern reaches of Texas in the winter and back into Montana during road construction (I mean, late spring through early fall). And, finally, my brother and his family live in Castlerock, a community just south of Denver, Colorado where he has a high level position as an engineer in a high-speed tech communications company.
* My in-laws live in Union Grove, Wisconsin which is an area of the state we have traveled to many times over the past eleven years. And, finally, my wife's two younger brothers also live outside of Wisconsin; one in Bedford, Virginia and the other lives in Pheonix, Arizona.